Friday, February 19, 2010

An Evening With Cold Cave.


"I couldn't understand why people were wearing watches, because they seemed like hourglasses of death, keeping track of how much time was running out" W.E.

Last night I made a trip to Silverlake to check out my friend Wesley's new band, Cold Cave. If you havent had a chance to check them out, you should... and fast.
After the show Wes and I caught up and I couldnt help, but mention how amazing it is that one of us is actually in a band that crossed that rickety bridge from Punk/Hardcore to the music we have been dying to be a part of for years. Early on, listening to New Order and Depeche Mode I always wanted to be a part of something in that vein. Something dancy and dark, poppy and industrial, with lyrical content that hits you in the chest like a sledgehammer. Cold Cave pulls this off with a their own unique, splendid, noisy swagger.

Good job guys.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment