Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm older now, but i still have that, "I told you so" smile.

So... I'm finally catching up with the times and have created a blog. I'm not really sure why now, at this particular time Ive done so, but nevertheless... here we are.

Maybe it's more or less a source of ventilation from the lack of space and air I've found to exist in this place. I guess the World is not a big as I thought.

It's funny to think when I was young, my World was so small and intimate. There was Mom, Sister, Brother, Bedroom, Backyard, Front steps, and that always kept the smile on my face. I knew what the world was about then, more then I ever will. That was my Earth. Slowly, as I aged I was told how much more limitless everything was and suddenly this place became the most massive, splendid land of wonder and confusion. I was always ready for an adventure, so I took charge at this new world recklessly even while so intimidated. I never quite bought into everything that was put in front of my face during this time, but i ran with it anyway.

Then one day we wake up and once again, we're older.

Wether you traveled the world or stayed in your neighborhood born row home, that world we thought held something was empty handed. It had shrunk back into that tiny planet we knew when we were young, while we layed in the dirt of our backyards and looked up at the clouds. It's a small, congested , terribly loud, world after all.


"Stubbornness does have its helpful features. You always know what you're going to be thinking tomorrow." - Glen Beaman





No comments:

Post a Comment